Followers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fancy Folds and Tutorial

Hi

Well today on SSDS we are doing Fancy Folds,  so I chose to make a twisted easel card,  this make is a 5 x 5 square card I am also attempting my first Blog Tutorial,  so bare with me :)

I chose this fab TGF image and teamed everything around my papers,  the image is coloured with Copics and the papers are of course First edition,  with some lime green bazzil.

Image: TGF
Mediums : copics
Papers : First edition
Tools : nesties labels, Bone Folder : butterfly punch
Card: Green bazzil
Embellishment : Chocolate ribbon, Gems, Flowers WOC, hand laid Gem swirl
Geeting from Craftwork cards.

Pop over to SSCS to join in this weeks fab challenge.





















Now for a quick Tutorial

First take a Card blank,  Ive got a 5 x 5 blank for this make,  score and Mountain fold across the front of the card from the top right corner to the bottom left like so, and place double sided tape in the bottom triangle as shown












Then I measure the based of the card to make the front section,  this is slightly smaller than 5 inches I used Green card for this and Matt and layered my papers with the images as shown here,matching up my copics with the papers, the front panel is then stuck the the card by just laying the front piece on top on the blank.













I them decorated the inside of the card,  as this will be seen once the easel is standing up so I like to make this as pretty as possible.I Matt and layered Green card and papers the ribbon is wrapped around paper and layered onto the card. I added a greeting,  hand made bling swirl and these are easy to do and a butterfly,  the card is raised a bit the help the easel to stand up











and here is the finished card with some added flowers at the end.

Hope you can follow these instructions and have a bash at one yourself.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Karen this is so cute! I love the image and the fold. I have to try this one.
Thank you for all that you do for the team.
Hugs,
Linda

Colette said...

Hi Karen, I think your site is wonderful. I love the background image, very chic. Your cards are really lovely and the way you do the tutorial is so professional. I love!!! I've got a Lieber award waiting for you on my blog, http://cosmicstrawberry-colette.blogspot.com/ I would be really pleased if you would pop in for a look:)

Colette x

tt.scraps said...

CUTE!!! Love the fold - thanks for the instructions! and love the image!!!
Way to go!
Tammy

Colette said...

Hi Karen,

Hope you are having a good week. I have received The Versatile Blogger award from another talented and lovely crafter, and I'd like to give it to you. If you'd like to accept it, feel free to pop over to my place, http://cosmicstrawberry-colette.blogspot.com/ and collect it.

Take care,

Colette xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...